Increasing Surface Shine With The Faber Liquid Wax 1L
Natural stone is both smooth and classy. There are numerous styles and materials to choose from, be it marble, granite, quartzite, limestone, travertine and the rest. They vary in composition, and even for those tiles that are of the same type, the tiles themselves have differences in the veins, colouration and tone, due to the natural processes that go into the formation of the stones. While they are durable and hard-wearing, proper maintenance is needed to preserve their beauty and structural integrity. One of this is polishing- and this is vital for a wide array of reasons. For starters, maintaining the polished surface is much easier compared to alternative flooring. The sweeping, vacuuming and mopping process is less stressful than when you don’t have nooks and crannies to worry about. The polished surface is also more durable, being able to withstand the pressures and abrasion associated with foot traffic on it, and the heavy equipment that gets placed on the stone. Cases of scratching and chipping are cut down, further preserving the structural integrity of the installation. These measures increase the lifespan of the installation. A natural stone surface that has been properly installed, and on which maintenance processes including sealing and polishing have been carried out, can last as long as the building itself. When the polished surface begins to become dull and lose its appeal, you don’t have to replace the entire structure- that would be a very expensive and labour-intensive endeavour. Simply touch it up with the Faber Liquid Wax 1L.
Enhance the appeal of the surfaces
With natural stones, you want to have an elegant shine that accentuates the interior space. From marble floors to granite countertops, giving them a polish that reflects the lighting in the room spruces up the décor, and sets a backdrop for the rest of the furnishings and decorations. The Faber Liquid Wax 1L comes in to increase the shine, and can be applied on both interior and exterior surfaces. Whether you’re working on the living from floors, the walls of your office, or are an artist polishing yup that statue to attract more visitors touring the locality, the Faber Liquid Wax 1L will be up to the task. The unique formulation of this solvent-based wax enables it to be used on irregular surfaces, and since the application is a breeze you get to obtain the desired results in moments. What’s more, it does not yellow over time, meaning that you get to enjoy that beauty for longer.
This versatile unit can be used for polishing surfaces ranging from marble and agglomerates such as marble-cement installations like quartzite, cementina, granite, cotto and clinker, terracotta and limestone, all through to slate and travertine. It will enhance the tone and colouration of the material, bring out your personal style at home and give your business premises a professional image. It’s not just about beauty. The Faber Liquid Wax 1L also enhances the protection of the underlying material, preserving its structural integrity. The coat applied on the surface is water- and oil-repellent, meaning that those occasional spills won’t end up setting into the material. This reduces the workload during the routine cleaning operations, making them easier. It also cuts down on the amount of time and resources that will be taken up during the cleaning, reducing the costs incurred in the process. Speaking of which, the affordable pricing of the Faber Liquid Wax 1L, plus its 15 to 25m² per litre coverage rate, further lowers your building’s maintenance costs.
Faber has been in business for decades, satisfying customers across the world. From its origins in Italy, the brand now supplies products across Europe, emerging markets in the Gulf nations, to the far reaches of Asia. These products are used across the scope, by builders and architects during the initial stages of the installation, where protective treatments are required, to end users like the homeowners and DIY enthusiasts, plus repair crews and cleaning companies called in for the routine maintenance of the structures. Water repellents, colour enhancers, anti-slip agents and stain-proofing treatments, stain removers, finishing and waxing treatments such as the Faber Liquid Wax 1L that is being focused on here, to honing formulations, mastics and also epoxy systems. High quality standards are maintained throughout the product development, ensuring that they deliver on their intended purpose.
How To Use The Faber Liquid Wax 1L
Before you begin the surface treatment, first clean it, ensuring that you’ve got rid of the dirt and grime that are present on it. Allow it to dry, then continue with the following steps:
- Evenly apply a coat of Faber Liquid Wax 1L onto the surface. Different tools can be used, depending on your particular situation- such as a cloth, lambswool applicator, or brush. Ensure that you have covered the entire target surface.
- Give it 5 to 10 minutes- or however fast it takes to dry.
- Polish the surface. For the small areas, you can use a white or wire wool pad, or a wool-cotton cloth. For the larger surfaces, equipment like orbital or flexible polishers come in handy. You can also work with an arm polishing machine. For these units, use them with a white pad. A felt or lambswool pad can also be used. Continue polishing until the excess product is removed from the surface, ending up with an even and smooth result.
- Allow the product to dry completely. This will occur within 5 to 10 hours from application.
Tips For Using The Faber Liquid Wax 1L
- The penetration of the product can be further enhanced by warming up the surface before application.
- Ensure that you protect the adjacent areas that are not to be treated.
- When applying the Faber Liquid Wax 1L onto a newly installed or grouted surfaces, first let the adhesive or the grout that had been used to fully cure.
- Equipment used for the application can be cleaned using white spirit.
- In case you’re looking to dewax the surface, you can use Faber DEC 21 or DECERA P.