When it comes to giving calcium-based stones such as limestone and marble a shine, they stand out from other surfaces in one main aspect: they can be crystallized. Here, a steel wool pad is used together with a weighted floor a machine to bring a polish to the surface. Basically, the abrasion action with the steel wool generates heat, causing the chemical in question to react with the stone, forming a new compound. Note that this is not a layer being added onto the floor or other surface being worked on. Chemical alteration occurs, and the treated surface is part of the stone itself. In fact, the only way it can be removed is by using mechanical action- like honing using diamond discs. This makes it a highly durable way of surface restoration. Back to the crystallization: The compound formed adds shine to the surface, and in the process also protects it and increases its wear resistance. There are numerous products out there, but you want one that you can trust to work. A formulation with a track record of delivering its mandate. That’s what you get with the Faber CristalFab.
Faber is a renowned brand in surface care. Their solutions are available to builders, tilers, installers, cleaning companies and end users, and have been relied on for over three decades. Over the years, Faber has made heavy investments in the research and development division, to meet the changing market needs, and address the everyday surface care situations. From protective agent be they water repellents, stain-proofing solutions, colour enhancers and those that boost anti-slip attributes of flooring, stain removers targeting organic and inorganic stains, finishes and waxes to enhance the appeal of your installation, to daily cleaners, specialised degreasers and wax removers- Faber has them all. These products have been developed following strict quality control programs, and with processes that are environmentally sustainable. In fact, Faber has attained the respective certifications: ISO 9001:2008 plus ISO 14001:2004. The CristalFab crystallizing liquid maintains the tempo, so you can rest assured that you’re getting a value return for every penny you spend.
For a lasting shine
Despite their beauty, natural stone surfaces still come under attack from daily wear. Dirt and grit getting abraded against the floor as people walk about, the messes that form on countertops in the busy kitchen, all through to staircases, bathrooms, hallways- the barrage of abuse causes them to gradually dull. Even the occasional intense scrubbing contributes to this effect. Do you want to turn things around? The Faber CristalFab delivers a deep shine to the surface, and you can use it for polishing new installations, or regular maintenance to restore the glossy look on worn out surfaces. It achieves this without affecting the underlying structure, or making the treated area slippery. It actually enhances the anti-slip properties for dry conditions. What’s more, since it does not yellow or grey with time, the beauty lasts for longer. In fact, when you use the Faber CristalFab for maintenance, you get to increase the duration before when the next mechanical polishing will be needed. It’s a quick and easy to use crystallizing agent, that also increases the surface’s resistance to scratches and everyday wear.
With the Faber CristalFab, you can work on your marble and lime-based surfaces without putting the underlying structure at risk. It’s suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications, treating marble-cement and marble-resin agglomerates, all through to travertine installations. It comes with a wide coverage rate, with each litre of product being used on 40 to 50m2 for polishing, or 50 to 100m2 for the surface maintenance. This, in addition to its pocket-friendly price tag, enables you to effectively meet your business’s maintenance needs, ensuring optimal living and working conditions.
How To Use The Faber CristalFab
First, you need to get the surface clean and dry. Any dust, grime or residue on the area you’re working on should be removed. Note that the Faber CristalFab should not be applied to a damp or wet surface, so it’s recommended that you use a drying tool to get it ready. Also, cover those adjacent areas that are not to be attended to. Once this is achieved, proceed with the following steps:
- Pour the Faber CristalFab into a spray bottle. This is to make it easier to apply the product, and also speed up your operations.
- Shake the bottle, and proceed to spray some of the product onto the area. You don’t need to drench the surface. 3 to 4 sprays should suffice for every 1m2 of surface.
- Polish the area immediately. You can use a single disc machine that has been set to 150-200 rpm, and onto which has been attached a steel wool crystallization pad. Continue polishing one area until it’s completely dried, before moving onto the next section.
- Once you’ve covered the entire target area, use a dry cloth, mop or even vacuum cleaner to remove the steel wool residues that may have been left behind. The area will be ready now ready to use. For routine cleaning of the surface after treating it with this formulation, you can use products like AlgaFloor or Neugel, that are also from Faber. To maintain the shine, the same CristalFab can be used, or the CristalFab White Pad.
Tips For Working With The Faber CristalFab
- In order to make the process more efficient, and allow you to assess your progress, divide up the area into sections. You can work on 1m2 of surface at a time. Don’t worry- there aren’t any overlap blemishes to worry about. After achieving the optimal surface shine, there won’t be differences between the areas that were worked on separately.
- Work in concentric motions when distributing the Faber CristalFab onto the surface with the single disc machine. This is to enable you spread it out evenly.
- For those situations that handle high traffic, one may require to carry out up to 3 applications consecutively. Note that this depends on how fast it will take to achieve the desired outcome.